Are you tired of being a brain in a jar? A content dispensary? Do you long for a different way to teach and learn, one that welcomes and embraces you and your students in all your full, radiant humanity? We want that too! In this episode, emareena & ambar discuss radical self love and how its presence could transform our experience of teaching and learning.
What do you think would change if we embraced the necessity of radical self love as educators?
Unlocking Us, with Sonja Renee Taylor: The body is not an apology
Unlocking Us, with Tarana Burke: Unbound: liberation and the birth of the me too movement
Offline with Jon Favreau: How the internet is radicalizing young men
Additional good stuffs:
- Sonja Renee Taylor: The Body is Not an Apology and quote on bodily hierarchy and white women
- Tarana Burke: Unbound: My Story of Liberation and the Birth of the Me Too Movement
- Laura Bates: Men Who Hate Women: The Extremism Nobody is Talking About
- Dr. Carey Yazeed: Black women and vulnerability: what brene brown got wrong
- Ginwright, S. (2022). The Four Pivots. CA: North Atlantic Books.
- Just because: Lizzo talking radical self love